Tuesday, November 18, 2008

why bad beat expert?

Hey Guys,

Welcome to my new blog -- The Bad Beat Expert! Just to be clear, I don't think I'm the world's greatest expert on poker by any means. I'm just using the title to convey the sense a lot of tight-aggressive players like me have that we've experienced every bad beat known to man. :-)

I intend to write about my experiences playing poker, both live and online (I play on PokerStars), talk about hands and hopefully get some good feedback from you guys. I mainly play no-limit hold 'em cash games, for buy-ins ranging from $5 to $50, though I prefer to play at the higher end when I can find a good game. I'm also hoping to move up to $100 NL soon, but will put that off until my bankroll at least hits the "magic" 20 buy-in threshold. Overall, I believe I play winning poker, but have certainly had days where I questioned that assumption, mainly due to either bad luck or tilt.

Anyway, if you have specific topics you'd like me to talk about, or comments on my strategies, please feel free to let me know!

--BBE

No comments: